Our adventures into producing charcuterie started with enjoying eating these products on holiday and trying to replicate them at home with a friend. We were then lucky enough to be part of Hampshire Fare's Preserve the Hampshire Hog project, aimed at helping pig farmers make more profit from their pigs. The timing was perfect as we were on the point of getting rid our pigs as we simply couldn't make them pay. The Prince's Countryside Fund were able to provide sufficient funds to run a course for about 18 months. So after much research, many many practice runs, purchase of basic equipment we got going. Initially we didn't sell any but had each batch tested for a range of microbacteria, we wanted to ensure whatever we were making not only tasted good but was safe to eat too.
Once we started selling we the salami proved very popular, we always wanted to create a British take on charcuterie, not just replicate continental varieties. So we have deliberately developed recipes using local products where possible to add for seasoning, Gin, Beer and watercress. We especially enjoy working with other small local producers, either by using their products as seasoning or to compliment our products such as local wines or by selling at local events. We are firm believers that where possible local is best.
Our salami and air dried products are made from meat we produce on the farm and apart from the actual slaughter process we handle it all ourselves, this allows us to have complete control to ensure the welfare of the animals, quality of product and personal service to our customers, we try to meet individual customer needs, however small.
You eat our products at some local Pubs:
If you're going to be in the are and would like to call in please contact us in advance to check we're here
We offer 2 sizes; snacking and medium.
- Fennel and garlic - pork with a gentle touch of fennel and subtle undertones of garlic
- Red Wine and Garlic - a pork salami with more traditional taste, likened to saussison
- Upham Stakes Beer and Thyme - a very British taste using a Hampshire beer & thyme and pork. Great Taste 2015 Award Winner!
- Watercress & Gin - watercress sourced from Alresford and Twisted Nose Gin from Winchester
- Parsonage Pink - our latest recipe with a link pink peppercorn to enhance the pork flavour
- Merguez - Lamb and Beef salami with the heat of chilli and layers of flavour from fennel and cumin
- Coriander - the nutty favour of coriander works brilliantly with pork
- Chorizo - not too hot, pork with some chilli and a smoky paprika
Air Dried Meat
(not sold sliced, please contact for availability)
Hampshire Air Dried Beef
- with Twisted Nose Wasabi Vodka & sun dried tomato, Bloody Mary Beef!
- with lemon and fennel
Hampshire Air Dried Pork
- Twisted Nose Gin with orange and juniper what's not to like? Great Taste 2015 Award Winner!
- Pink peppercorns and bay bring out a gentle softness
- Hattingley Floral - British Charcuterie 2018 Bronze Winner
- Maple Cured